SAS L’EXCEPTION, based at La Caserne, 12 rue Philippe de Girard, 75010 Paris and registered under the number 534 017 280 with the ‘Commerce de Paris’ is responsible for the use of personal information gathered on the site: www.lexception.com and the boutique L’Exception.
L’Exception assigns the greatest importance to the protection of your personal data. This document has been compiled to help inform and explain the nature of the data collected – and the reasons why.
TYPE OF DATA COLLECTION
We only collect data on essential information for the purposes of e-commerce concerning details on garments, footwear and accessories.
Regarding the nature of this business, we collect the following personal data:
• Contact details: surname, forename, email address, gender, telephone number, birthday, language, device preferences and location.
• Delivery information: personal address (surname/name, street, postcode, town, country and delivery notes)
• Newsletter opt-in: Date of opt-in, IP address
• Technical information: Technical logs, IP address
• Purchase history at L’Exception
• Product viewing history at L’Exception
• Transaction details: Online transaction information (payment method, internal purchase number, card type, last 4 digits of the card, expiration date). Payments are managed by online specialists Hipay and Ogone concerning the payment method: your full card number and the security code is not accessible.
• Purchase trends: loyalty points, purchase date, frequency, average shopping cart price, type of products purchased etc…
• Contact with customer services: phone calls, email exchanges
• Google and Facebook profile (if you have logged in using these methods to connect to your account page).
• Customer profile: size, weight, shape. This information is only collected if you have used our personal shopping service.
Accounts are password protected. This password is encrypted and only known by you. In the event you forget your password, you will be required to request a new one – which will be sent to your email address.
2. PROTECTING PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data is carefully protected. We work with a specialist web hosting service to ensure the highest security standards and make sure your information is protected.
3. USE OF COLLECTED PERSONAL DATA
We collect personal data for the following reasons:
• To ensure a personal navigation experience on www.l’exception.com: offering suggested products based on gender, product page history and personal recommendations.
• For fast and seamless delivery (using your previous delivery information).
• To guarantee an efficient customer/client relationship
• For the ability to provide accounting, generate invoices and prove the accounting/tax of our transactions (transaction data)
• To avoid fraud, including detecting unusual transactions (transaction data)
• To be able to offer you commercial operations corresponding to your profile. These business proposals can be achieved through customer segmentation, buying habits, average shopping cart, sales history and product pages.
L’Exception will only contact you via email concerning:
• Transaction information: all information relating to your activity on our site including: account creation, purchase confirmation, shipping, account changes and loyalty points. Transaction information is necessary to complete all of the above functions and is not subject to explicit consent.
• Promotional information: by registering a customer account, we'll send you 6 emails per year to announce our promotional events : mid-season sale, private sale and sale.
• Commercial information: The L’Exception newsletter is sent via email to customers every 2-3 days. Explicit consent is necessary via ticking the box that agrees to receive the newsletter. You can opt-out at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe button on the bottom of any email. L'Exception may send text messages about promotional events. You can unsubscribe by answering STOP or on your customer account.
L’Exception will never contact you directly by phone, except in cases that concern our customer service team (delivery issues, order problems etc.)
The information collected by L’Exception is only available for use by L’Exception and its technical service providers – and is not sold to third parties. v
4. PERSONAL DATA AND THIRD PARTIES
L’Exception may transfer your personal data to the following service providers concerning:
• Logistics and shipping
• Technical service providers & web hosts
• Payment providers
• Marketing department: email, advertising and retargeting
L’Exception works exclusively with service providers that conform to the General Rules of Data Protection ‘Général sur la Protection des Données’ (RGPD).
5. PERSONAL DATA USE OUTSIDE OF THE E.U
L’Exception doesn't transfer data out of the EU.
6. STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will store information for a legally allowed duration that conforms to rules and regulations concerning personal data.
If you are not using your account or waiting for delivery, it can easily be deleted on request. If you have used your account to purchase a product from L’Exception, your information will be stored for five (5) years.
Concerning newsletter inscription, information can be stored for one (1) year after our last contact with you (date of last read newsletter).
7. YOUR RIGHTS CONCERNING PERSONAL DATA
In accordance with the applicable regulations, you have the following rights relating to the protection of your personal data:
• Right of access: you can request any information relating to your personal data held by L'Exception.
• Right of rectification: you can ask at any time to modify the personal information in our possession.
• Right to the limitation of use: you can ask to limit the use of your personal data.
• Right to deletion: you can request the deletion of your personal data, within regulation limits.
• Right of opposition: You can oppose the processing of your personal data, especially any commercial use via the newsletter.
• Right to withdraw your consent: You may at any time withdraw your consent to receive our commercial information.
• Right to portability of your data: you can request to receive a copy of all personal information in our possession.
To exercise your rights, contact us by email at :
firstname.lastname@example.org or by post :
28 rue Bichat
In accordance with regulations, you can lodge any complaint with the according supervisory authority in France: CNIL - 3 Place de Fontenoy, 75007 Paris.
Information concerning personal data protection was updated on 25th May 2018